A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Friday, July 9, 2010

July 7, 2010 Update



Dear One and All,

This was an interestingly good week. It began with all the Bangalore Elders meeting our new mission president President Funk and his wife. They were shell shocked like anything else. It’s hard for me to believe that I was ever like that. lol. The meeting was small; nothing too exciting happened. All we did was sit in a circle and tell about ourselves and what we liked about our companion. After the meeting was over we had lunch. I got a huge beef burger, while everyone else ate lasagna...I was jealous. lol. That night we got a call from our zone leaders. Apparently President Funk decided to press the big red button on his desk and we were all on lockdown this Monday. The BJP had a huge bandh (strike) and those are usually when people die. SO, we were all told to stay inside.

While we were inside we had lots of time to write letters and go crazy. I had too much energy. I began running routes in our living room while my companion would throw to me from his study table. we also set up our living room so that we could play soccer with these little inflatable balls that we have. Needless to say, my companion still hasn’t beaten me. lol. I feel like the Netherlands - nothing can stop me! While we were in the midst of our letter writing we got a call from one of the assistants, he said, "President Funk will be coming to your companionship study tomorrow." It was really cool, until we noticed our apartment was trashed. We spent a few minutes cleaning, and I easily became side tracked with letters and soccer and anything besides cleaning. lol. Well, he did come, and it was an awesome study. We talked about a new investigator name Sam and how we wanted to set him for the baptism. He gave us valuable insights and taught us about some qualifications for baptism. He is an awesome mission president. I think he is going to do amazing things here. He told us that our companionship study was "exactly what it is supposed to be. I am very pleased." We think he is going to make my companion a zone leader on Monday....we will see.

We have been blessed with great investigators. Heavenly Father led 2 bachelors to us this week, Christo and Abi. They are both searching for who God is, and what He can do for us. They are awesome. I shared a very personal experience with them about Brian and I and how we knew that God loves us. I have only shared that experience about 3 times on my mission. I think these 2 brothers are gonna feel the Spirit and join the Church. They are only free on Saturdays, so I will have to let you know how our next meeting goes. They both committed to pray and ask Heavenly Father if He loves them. We have followed up with both of them, and both have said they know God loves them. We will set them for baptism soon. I love being a missionary. Nothing is harder (especially with UPC) but nothing has been more rewarding. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. Hugs and kisses from Bengaluru.

Love,
Logan

No comments: