A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 9 - Off-road in a suit

So this week has been a fun one. It rained a few days ago and when it rains here, it floods because the ground is so hard and dry - and keep in mind there are no roads!! So we went mudding on Saturday basically. We got stuck in about a foot of water. I have some pics. The truck sank about 8'' in the mud. I had to get out in my suit and push the truck and put the tracks under the tires, which did nothing. It was freezing and I was soaked in my suit!!! We would have been there forever if a member didn't stop by in his monster truck thingy. haha. He pulled us out then we went home dried off and went back out! So this all happened on March 1. The first is usually a bad day because everyone goes to Chinley to pick up their welfare checks then use them to get wasted. And the Navajos hate rain. If it sprinkles or even gets cloudy they are sick. So Saturday and Sunday we had zero lessons and only 3 contacts. But on Sunday we pushed some people out of the mud, then we almost got stuck again. We have done a lot of service lately. I love the mud. I need a Jeep when I get home so I can go mudding.

On a more spiritual note... We were going to go see Robert, the perma-drunk, so that we could say we weren't coming by anymore. It was really hard to do. On the way to his house I almost cried because I felt so bad that we had to stop seeing him. We love him, but he can't remember anything because he is still wasted and messed up in the brain even though he stopped drinking 3 months ago. So we sat down in his house with him and his hundreds of black cats; he asked what we would be teaching, Elder Petersen and I looked at each other, and said a silent prayer. We both were sad about what was going to happen. We started to talk then the Spirit said, ''No way Jose, you aren't dropping him! We are going to ask him to be baptized!" So we went with it. Didn't drop him and now he is getting baptized!! Thanks Spirit :) We got in the truck and we were like ''whaaat??" Felt like a minion from Despicable Me. haha

So two white mormons are tracting in Arizona on an Indian reservation and find 3 Filipinos..... haha

No comments: