A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Monday, August 11, 2008

NO ONE WAS EVEN CLOSE!!!

So Logan opened his call tonight. You could have knocked me over with a feather. We were all in COMPLETE shock!! His best friend Brian was here with us. His face reflected my reaction as did Howard's and Kaycee's. Our mouths hit the floor. We were speechless.

Logan reports on October 22nd to the MTC(missionary training center) in Provo,Utah. He will be serving the Lord for the next two years in Bangalor, India.

In case you think we are kidding, we are not. No one believed him as he called to tell them. He is known for being a big jokester. Brian (his friend)and I both knew he wasn't joking because while he could have joked by pulling India out of the air he never would have known to say Bangalor.As he called people they all wanted to varify he wasn't joking so they asked to speak to me.

It is exactly on the opposite side of the earth. I've never even known anyone to serve a mission in India. Kaycee knew someone in school though.

I've always pictured Logan on some dusty road with little kids all around him. I guessed Ghana, Africa. I guess he'll have lots of dusty roads and children in India.

So now we know. The overwhelming support we had in the poll shows all the people that love and support Logan. I am sure he will need that same love and support throughout the next two years. It really warmed our heart that he came home everyday and checked the map(Kaycee I am sure will post a final picture).Thank you so much for that!!

We'll keep you posted .....

No comments: