A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Ninth Week....



What Doesn’t Kill You Only Makes You Stronger

Well due to illness I was down for abut 2 full days...Monday and yesterday were a bit shaky also. But today is a full 80%!! But after all is said and done I know not to eat roadside breakfast. lol. Too bad. This week the Jay Raj family was given the Holy Ghost. And coming this week will be the baptism of Yohan. He’s so amazing. He’s been coming for about 5 months and frequently comes on exchanges. We can’t find this week due to Pongal a celebration where everyone is off school, except those at Christian schools since Pongal is a Hindu holiday. Stores are still open because not everyone is Hindu. Only 95% of India is. The good thing about so many religions is so many holidays. And on those holidays all stores are open. Here the Christians and the Muslims are working the email place. Lucky for us.


One thing I thought about this week...so many churches and temples are there in Utah. One on every street, right? Just like here. Doesn’t matter how poor or how rich - there is a mosque or Hindu temple everywhere. From my balcony I can see 4 mosques. Three are on my street within 1 kilometer from me. I finally saw camels!! But they were only in passing and it wasn’t p-day so I didn’t have my camera. I was so disappointed. I am losing weight like nothing else...I am eating a little more because fatigue is starting to catch up with me...unlike it did when I could sleep for 4 hours at night and go to school and sleep there. I eat a full lunch now and a bigger breakfast. I am down to 96KGs. which is roughly 211 lbs. I haven’t been this small since before my junior year. I feel skinnier now that I know my weight. lol.

We taught a way awesome family yesterday, Sri Kanth, his wife Victoria, his dad Prakash, his mother SHANTI- like jungle book, and his aunt Mathavi. all are way receptive. Sri Kanth has some doubts about the Book of Mormon which we helped clear. We left 3 with the family. Next meeting we are planning to set them for baptism about 4 weeks later. I love y'all. Thanks for all the support and the letters.

Elder Sorensen


running "lol" count = 424

No comments: