A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19, 2010 Update



Dear Everyone,

This was a really good week! We had a lot of success with Leslie and his family. We taught a few of the commandments and they loved it. We went to their home and we helped them fetch their water from a pipe that comes out of the ground. We were afraid that this would keep them from being on time to church, but the water turned off at 8 a.m. and we weren’t really able to save them any time. All we did was relieve the daughter from her chores. While there we played with their cat and entertained the kids with stories. Then we all headed off to Church and they loved it! They got amazing fellowship from EVERYONE! Leslie would introduce himself, “Hello, my name is Leslie. This is my first time to the Church of Jesus Christ, and I hope to continue in this wonderful fellowship.” What a great thing for him to say?!?!? Then, another elder asked him, “Are the Elders teaching you nicely?” and Sheryl made me feel really good, “This Elder (pointing at me) is so sweet and kind. They are both doing really well.” Awesome! Tonight we are teaching them about tithing, and a few other small commandments, and then we are having lunch with them on Saturday. But, we are unsure about the lesson tonight because of the cyclone that is hitting Chennai. Usually we meet them outside in their front yard (no one else in our area has a yard), but their house will probably be flooded. This cyclone is really cool; I never thought that I would be able to experience something like this. The water is getting higher the longer I type.

That’s about all I got - nothing too exciting this week. I love you all. Thank you so much for your letters and support - it makes everything better. I hope y’all have a great week!

Love,
Logan

No comments: