A fun picture for the week...

A fun picture for the week...
A Satellite View of Elder Sorensen's Trailer in the Church Parking Lot in Many Farms, AZ

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010 Update


Dear Family and Friends,

This was a bittersweet week; Leslie’s family is all ready for their baptism this coming Sunday. I was getting ready for it as well; my companion and I were really excited. On Friday night, about 1 hour after we visited Leslie, the Assistants called and told me that I am being transferred to Bangalore. I was so sad. I called President because he has let a few people stay back before, but he said that they really need me in Bangalore and that it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to leave my companion alone for 2 days.
When I broke the news to Leslie’s family, they were very sad, but Leslie soon put me in my place with, “The Lord has blessed us; He sent you. I know that He wants you to baptize another family somewhere in Bangalore.” That made me feel really good. So, on Sunday we took some photos with them, and on Monday during their interviews, we played cricket with all the kids. After their interviews Cheryl, who is very fond of me, said, “I asked if you could baptized me. I thought if I said that they would let you stay.” I told her, “We need to pray for another cyclone.” Her response was funny, “I have made the person saying family prayer do that for the last 3 nights.” How about that?

Even though things will be hard, I feel good about Bangalore. It’s not the same as the rest of the mission...they cannot wear their tags or contact people. They can only knock Christian doors. I am tired of teaching Christians! But everyone needs the gospel. I will probably finish my mission there, which won’t be a bad thing. I am excited for what the future holds there. I love being a missionary, no matter where I am.

Sorry this one is so short, I cannot think of much else except for all the sad goodbyes I have had to say. I love you all and I hope this letter finds you in good spirits.

Love,
Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

April Hardy said...

I don't know why i always tear up when I read his words. There is such strength and a spirit when he writes. I can't imagine transfers being easy, on the missionaries and especially on their investigators. It's all part of the process and it seems like this family has accepted that. Obviously Logan was there when they needed him most, now they will have other missionaries to help them through out their journey and Logan will be able to help others who need him now. Good luck in Bangalore!